Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beauty on Wardell



Forgive me, but I have been admiring my new pedicure for aweek. I have never had one and now that I have, I doubt I can ever paint thetips of my toes again. They look fabulous in my Gisele Bundchen flip flops.

I had them done on Saturday at the newly established Unisex hair studio salon that has opened up just near Dulwich Hill station. While it wasthe first time I had my pedicure done, I have visited the salon on numerousoccasions.

The thing about Asian beauticians is that they understandthat brown people like myself want to look like Jessica Simpson. So instead ofadvising me to remain with my “nice thick straight black hair” they immediatelyget to work with hot tongs and a blow dryer as I show them a picture ofSimpson’s tumbling, curly mane.

And when I need by eyebrows shaped they never blink when Ishow them a picture of Kylie Minogue’s amazingly fine arched brow.

The pedicure cost me $28 so next time I will go for the maxi– deal, manicure and pedicure for $40.

The last time I had a manicure was with nail artist supremo Christina Fitzgerald at a Myer store promotion. Fitzgerald was manicurist tothe stars including Kylie Minogue. She became so famous that she now has herown nail polish range.

It was an honour to have my nails done by Christina. But her salon is in Paddington and Unisex is in Dulwich Hill. Her manicures alone cost$50 and a pedicure sets you back $80.

I’ll stick with the hair studio at least I can imagine I’m Kylie andJessica rolled into one.

Unisex Hair Studio - 4 Dudley St, West Marrickville, 9558 3569

No comments: