Sunday, December 2, 2007

My masseuse

For a year my masseuse was a charming lady on Illawarra Rd. For $30 she would knead my tired muscles with Johnson’s baby oil while I listened to V8 engines roar up the road.

One day during a massage, she took a call on her mobile phone.

“Yes I do massages, “she said

Then in a whisper she replied to the unknown caller

“Yes I can make you happy”

I didn’t fancy being patron to a masseuse that also handled penises and so I decided to look elsewhere. My friend Julia suggested I try Pure Botanicals in Newtown.

I booked a half hour session with a chap called Glendon. I was looking for a remedial massage, and was told Glendon was the best in the business.

After a chat about my sore muscles, work habits, exercise regime and how I sleep, I began my half hour session. Listening to the sounds of waterfalls, Glendon slowly worked my aching back and knotted neck. Under soft candle light and with the fragrance of aromatherapy oil, tensions slowly lifted from my body.

My muscles were pretty crook and I booked another half hour session for the next Saturday. In the meantime I adjusted my seat and desk at work, precisely to Glendon’s suggestions. I even bought myself a proper pillow and one of those heat packs. The great thing is that these tips really helped alleviate my muscles in-between my massages.

After Saturday’s election my muscles really needed some help. Glendon again did not disappoint. This time I had a one hour session, something I highly recommended. My rigid shoulders now softened, my tight neck now relaxed as memories of the horrid 11 years under the Howard government left my tired back.

For $70 it is more than double what I was paying my masseuse on Illawarra Rd. But a decent massage is worth every cent and sounds of waterfalls beat V8 engines any day.

Pure Botanicals, King St, Newtown Ph: 02 9034 0555

No comments: